The Governing Board of the Global Sustainability Minor consists of two representatives from the College of Arts & Sciences and one representative each from the Schools of Architecture, Commerce, Education, Engineering, Leadership & Public Policy, and Nursing. The Dean of each academic unit appoints their faculty representative. The Director of the Minor program is the School of Architecture representative and selects a student representative. The Architecture School Dean is an ex officio member.
The Governing Board reviews the University course offerings each semester to determine the courses that are sustainability related and sustainability focused. The governing board uses their statement of “How We Think About Sustainability in the Curriculum” to determine whether a course qualifies. Having a member from each academic unit ensures quality of the courses listed. Each representative is responsible for checking the course content of the courses in the school that they represent. The student representative compiles the final list of sustainability focused courses for the Minor and the sustainability related courses are listed here.
- Director: Phoebe Crisman, School of Architecture / Carla Jones 2013 – 2014
- Hank Shugart, College of Arts & Sciences
- Mark Hadley, College of Arts & Sciences
- William Shobe, Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Mark White, McIntire School of Commerce
- Catherine Bradshaw, Curry School of Education
- Lisa Colosi Peterson, School of Engineering & Applied Science
- Connie Lee, School of Nursing
- Sangyoon Park, Student Representative
With Special Thanks
This interdisciplinary Global Sustainability course is indebted to the initial support of George P. Mitchell of Houston, Texas and the generous ongoing funding from Hilton Worldwide.